I Want To...

Select your task from the options below:

Back To Health Department

Vital Records Section
(812) 537-8826 or (812) 537-8838

Vital Record Certificate Costs

Death certificate $10
Birth certificate $10
Paternity certificate $15.00
Affidavit Correction $5.00

NO CHECKS PLEASE. Cash or Money Orders payable to: Health Department. Bring the completed form to our office, or mail your form to our main address listed below. We will complete the search and mail you the results.

Dearborn County Health Department
Attention: Vital Records
215B West High Street
Lawrenceburg, IN  47025


Adoption and Original Birth Information

State Forms (External Links)

Adoption record requests are available through the State of Indiana and you should contact the Indiana Department of Health. For direct access, several State form links are shown in the right hand column as well.
Identifying Information Indiana Adoption History Registration - State Form 47896 (R3/6-05) Non-Identifying Information Indiana Adoption History Registration - State Form 47897 (R3/6-05) Indiana Adoption Medical History Report - State Form 9966 (R4/10-05) Application for Search and Certified Copy of Birth Record - State Form 49607 (R/6-03) Application for Search and Certified Copy of Death Record - State Form 49606 (R/6-03)

Correction Information on a Certificate

There are several provisions in the Indiana statutes whereby changes may be made on a vital record. We encourage you to write us with your correction request and we will advise you on what needs to be done to make the correction.

Frequently Asked Questions

What records do we have?
Births and Deaths: Earliest records from 1882. Vital Records are available to Parents, Spouse, Life Partner, Adult Children, Grandparents, Siblings, Aunts/Uncles, Direct Decendant Grandchildren, Great-Grandchildren, etc, Nieces/Nephews, other family members (like cousins) or any authorized legal representative.

How long does it take to get a certificate?
For all mail requests, within two business days, for all in-office requests, same day.

Our peak season is April through September so allow ample time to receive your request.

Do you have records for other counties?
No, we only have records for events that occurred in Dearborn County. Contact the State Health Department for links to other Indiana counties.

I was born outside the U.S. but a child of the U.S. parent(s). Where do I get a birth record?
U.S. Dept. of State
Passport Services, Correspondence Branch
1111 19th Street NW, Suite 510
Washington, DC 20522-1705

Website designed and maintained by Reaction Web