1.1 PROJECT INFORMATION
A. Notice to Bidders: Prequalified and /or qualified bidders may submit bids for project as described in this Document. Submit bids according to the Instructions to Bidders.
B. Project Identification: Dearborn County Jail Addition and Renovation.
1. Project Location: 301 West High Street, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
C. Owner: Dearborn County Board of Commissioners
1. Owner's Representative: Terri Randall
D. Architect: Rosser International, Inc. – (404) 876-3800.
E. Construction Manager: Brad Rullman Maxwell Construction 440 Nowlin Avenue Greendale, IN 47025 (812) 537-2200
F. Project Description: Project consists of Construction of a new 144 bed addition and interior renovations to the existing jail.
G. Construction Contract: Bids will be received for the following Work:
1. This project will be separated into multiple bid packages. Combination bids will be accepted for contractors wanting to bid Multiple Bid Packages. Each Combination bid will need to be submitted in a separate envelope.
The following is a list of the Prime Bid Packages:
a. Bid Package #1 - General Trades
b. Bid Package #2 - Site and Paving
c. Bid Package #3 - Precast Walls and Slabs
d. Bid Package #4 - Masonry
e. Bid Package #5 - Steel
f. Bid Package #6 - Drywall and Acoustical
g. Bid Package #7 - Roofing
h. Bid Package #8 - Detention Equipment
i. Bid Package #9 - Kitchen Equipment
j. Bid Package #10 - Sprinkler
k. Bid Package #11 - Plumbing
l. Bid Package #12 - HVAC
m. Bid Package #13 - Electrical
n. Bid Package #14 - Security Electronics
1.2 BID SUBMITTAL AND OPENING
A. Owner will receive sealed lump sum bids until the bid time and date at the location given below. Owner will consider bids prepared in compliance with the Instructions to Bidders issued by Owner, and delivered as follows:
DEARBORN COUNTY JAIL ADDITION AND RENOVATION 00 1113-2
1. Bid Date: May 9, 2013
2. Bid Time: 2:00 PM local time
3. Location: Dearborn County B.O.C. Room 3rd floor, 215B West High Street, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
4. Mailed bids should be sent to the Dearborn County Board of Commissioners at the address listed above. The envelope must clearly indicate “BID for the Dearborn County Jail Addition and Renovation”. The Owner is not responsible for lost or tardy bids deliveries.
B. Bids will be thereafter publicly opened and read aloud.
C. Dearborn County expressly reserves the right to reject any bids, to judge the character and sufficiency of the work offered by the bidder, and to judge the ability of any bidder to perform the work in a proper manner.
D. Dearborn County reserves the right to waive any minor irregularities in the bid submissions when considering an award.
1.3 BID SECURITY
A. Bid security shall be submitted with each bid in the amount of 10 percent of the bid amount plus all add alternates in the form of Bid Bond, cashier’s check or bank draft. No bids may be withdrawn for a period of 90 days after opening of bids. Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive informalities and irregularities.
B. The successful bidder will be required to furnish a performance and Payment Bond in the amount of one hundred percent (100%) of the contract price, and must be in full force and effect throughout the term of the construction contract plus a period of twelve (12) months from the date of Substantial completion.
1.4 PREBID MEETING
A. Prebid Meeting: A Prebid meeting for all bidders will be held at Dearborn County B.O.C. Room 3rd floor, 215B West High Street, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025 on April 12, 2013 at 10:00am, local time.
Prospective prime bidders are requested to attend.
1. Bidders' Questions: Architect will provide responses at Prebid conference to bidders' questions received up to two business days prior to conference.
2. Prime Bidders: Attendance at Prebid meeting is recommended.
3. After the prebid meeting there will be a site visit.
4. Additional dates (2) two for site visits will be set in the prebid meeting.
B. Minutes: Entity responsible for conducting meeting will record and distribute meeting minutes to attendees and others known by the issuing office to have received a complete set of Procurement and Contracting Documents. The minutes of meeting will be issued as Addendum #1 and distributed to all attendees and plan holders.
1. Sign-in Sheet: Minutes will include list of meeting attendees.
2. List of Plan holders: Minutes will include list of plan holders.
C. Disclaimer: Statements made at the Pre-Bid Meeting are non-binding. Special attention is called to the Instructions to Bidders, Subparagraph 3.2.3. Binding modifications to the Bidding Documents will be made by Addendum only.
A. Contract Documents can be obtained after March 27, 2013 by contacting;
Repro Graphix, Inc. Indianapolis, IN 317-637-3377
Documents can be purchased by all interested bidders; only complete sets of documents or CDs will be issued.
Documents will be sent to the following plan rooms and will be available for viewing:
The Rose Report
McGraw-Hill Construction/Dodge Reports
The Builders Exchange
I Square Foot
Dearborn County Annex Building
Maxwell Construction’s Office
A. This Advertisement for Bids document is issued by Maxwell Construction.
END OF DOCUMENT