Dearborn County Superior Courts Probation Department
Position: Probation Officer (Full-time)
Work: As Assigned
· Bachelor Degree from an Accredited University or College
· Must be Twenty-One (21) years of age
· Possession or the Ability to obtain Probation Officer Certification through the Indiana Judicial Center
· Ability to meet all hiring requirements of Dearborn County Government
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Must not have a Criminal Record
· Must possess a valid Driver License
· Must be able to pass a physical examination and a drug test
Probation Officer Duties:
· Supervises, monitors, and communicates with probationers including regular meetings with probationers.
· Maintain records on probationers, including updating and maintaining computer documentation on probationers.
· Provide reports in regards to probationers to the courts upon the courts request.
· Prepare Pre-Sentence Investigations as requested by the courts.
· Conducts Risk Assessments on probationers through Indiana Risk Assessment System (IRAS).
· Collect Urine Samples on probationers for Urine Drug Screen Analysis.
· Conduct home visits on probationers in conjunction with local law enforcement officer’s to ensure the probationer is complying with his/her conditions of probation.
· Conduct Probation Orientation with probationers and outline what is expected of the probationer while he/she is on probation as court ordered.
· File Request for Violations of Probation with the court and other court documents modifying the probationer’s probation terms. Notify the court when a violation of probation occurs.
· Communicate with local treatment providers, family services and other agencies in regards to the probationers court orders.
Follow court orders to ensure the probationer is following the terms of his/her sentencing order.
Applications will be accepted until Monday, October 13, 201at 4:30 p.m. Apply to Suellen Cauble, HR Director, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
, fax (812) 532-3290, or mail to: 215B W. High St.; Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
Dearborn County Sheriff’s Department
Position: Jail Officer
Applicants will be required to submit to a background investigation, physical fitness testing, an interview, drug testing and other procedures that may be deemed appropriate.
Applications can be obtained from www.dearborncountysheriff.org. Resumes will be accepted only if accompanied by an application. Deadline for all applications and resumes is Monday, Oct. 13, 2014.
The starting salary is $13.40 per hour with possible increases if salary matrix requirements of performance and training are met. An attractive benefits package is also included.
• Must be a resident citizen of the United States
• Must be at least 21 years old to apply
• Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate
• Cannot have a felony conviction
• Cannot have a misdemeanor conviction involving domestic violence
• Must possess a valid driver's license
• Cannot have been dishonorably discharged from the military
• Must pass a physical agility test
• Must pass a mandatory drug screening test