Southeast Regional Community Corrections
Position: Full Time Finance Clerk
Reports To: Southeast Regional Community Corrections (SERCC) Executive Director & Program Coordinator
Work: As assigned.
· As fiscal agent, maintain proper documentation of Department accounts and related finances.
· Knowledge of bookkeeping practices and financial/accounting systems used by Dearborn County Government and related funding sources/Indiana Department of Corrections (IDOC) and State Board of Accounts (SBOA).
· Assist with developing SERCC operational/grant budgets and maintain financial records during budget cycles.
· Compile timely & accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
· Prepare SERCC fiscal documents for and ensure accounting standards meet IDOC and SBOA audit requirements.
· Ability to coordinate department, Dearborn County, SBOA, IDOC calendar reporting/submission deadlines.
· Maintains SERCC financial records, completes payroll documentation, prepares and submits claims to County Auditor.
· Assists with financial collection of client fees, management of client accounts and daily banking requirements.
· Completes financial reports for the IN Department of Corrections, State Board of Accounts and other agencies/grant funding sources.
· Facilitates Grant management, fund appropriation balances, assists with grant applications & statistical data collection.
· Oversee administrative management of SERCC Department, SERCC Programs, meetings and/or events including ordering of supplies, coordinate scheduling/inventory needs, and notice of meetings.
· Facilitate effective time management.
· High School Diploma or GED is required. Experience in governmental finance, Business Administration degree or equivalent education. Knowledge of Excel & Microsoft Office programs.
· Ability to meet all hiring requirements of Dearborn County Government.
· Complete knowledge of standard policies and practices of Dearborn County legal process, with ability to effectively apply and enforce applicable policies and procedures, as well as, complete required reports and logs.
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all Department records and information.
· Must possess a valid Driver License; demonstrate safe driving record, have no felony criminal history and ability to be bonded.
· Must be able to pass a physical examination and drug test.
· Ability to work swiftly, rationally and decisively with all individuals.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, other County Departments, Community Corrections Advisory Board, State Board of Accounts, DOC, Probation Department, and Prosecutor’s Office, attorneys and the public.
Application: Candidates can obtain a Dearborn County Employment Application from the Dearborn County Administration Building, Monday-Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm. Please send resumes to Suellen Cauble at 215B W. High Street, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025 or e-mail to email@example.com,
or fax to: 812-532-3290. Application/Resume must be submitted to the Dearborn County Human Resources Department by 4:30 pm on Friday, September 19th, 2014.
Dearborn County Health Department
Food Protection Division
Position: Chief Food Specialist, S & W Districts
· Conducts inspections and/or investigations of food establishments, production and/or food storage facilities to ensure compliance within regulations.
· Conducts follow-up inspections to ensure that standards are being met and corrective action is taken for industry and public safety.
· Reviews blueprint/sketches for new businesses in conjunction with Food Program Manager.
· Prepares technical reports on violations noted during inspections that are cited for action, repair, correction, quarantine, and/or proper disposition.
· Investigates hazardous events such as fires, floods, tornadoes, truck/train wrecks or food processing equipment breakdowns and assures the disposal of dangerous, mislabeled or contaminated foods.
· Presents speeches, technical reports, briefings and communicates effectively as assigned by Program Manager.
Training and Experience:
· College degree in Food Service, Public Health, Microbiology, Liberal Arts or closely related field; supplemented by 1 to 3 years of experience is highly preferred.
· Must possess a valid Driver’s License and demonstrated safe driving record.
· Must be 21 years of age and meet all Department hiring requirements.
Suellen Cauble, HR Director
Dearborn County Government
215B West High Street
Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
Office (812) 537-8817
Fax (812) 532-3290
Position: Intern/Co-op Position / Part Time
This position involves “section corner perpetuation,” posting of “tie cards” to the Dearborn County website, drafting the tie cards in SurvCADD, field work gathering information to create the tie cards, printing and filing the tie cards. There may be field work on county projects involving a total station, data collector, and/or GPS.
· Must be a United States citizen
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Must have education in the field of surveying
· Must pass a physical examination
· Be physically fit as job duties require
· Prior experience surveying preferred
· Know how to use SurvCADD, Microsoft Office Suite, and GPS programs
· A general knowledge of the field of surveying.
· Complete projects as assigned
· Work with the County Surveyor and staff
· Draft, post, and publish tie cards
· Research and document section corners, quarter corners, and quarter-quarter corners
· Set a work schedule
· Complete field work with the Surveyor and/or Deputy Surveyor
· GIS work as assigned
· Communication to the general public and ability to explain the County Surveyor duties
Applications may be obtained from the Dearborn County Surveyor or the Human Resource Department. Submit application/resume to Suellen Cauble, HR Director, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (812) 532-3290, or mail to: 215B W. High Street, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025. Applications will be accepted through the close of business on Friday, September 10, 2014.
Position serves as Health Educator/RN for Dearborn County Health Department, responsible for developing and implementing health programs throughout the community.