Planning and Zoning
Position: Assistant Community Planner
Dearborn County, Indiana, a suburban community of approximately 50,000 situated on the western edge of the Cincinnati metropolitan area, is currently seeking a motivated, team-oriented Assistant Community Planner.
This member of the Department of Planning & Zoning:
· Assists the Planning Director with the coordination and facilitation of long-range planning initiatives within the County—including updating the Comprehensive Plan
· Serves as a primary responder to inquiries from the public on zoning and subdivision control regulations—providing quick, accurate, and courteous customer service
· Administers, reviews, and approves Location Improvement Permit applications, Certified Surveys, and Minor Site Plan Reviews
· Prepares staff reports, and makes presentations for relevant meetings and public hearings held by the community’s affected boards
· Maintains the Town Planning & Zoning websites
· Provides grant-writing assistance to Town and County entities
· Enforces the zoning and subdivision control ordinances by investigating and taking proper action against ordinance compliance issues.
The ideal candidate will have a background in community planning and development and will demonstrate that he / she has an exceptional ability to develop positive relationships with a variety of community, business, and government organizations. In addition, the candidate should be proficient with computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, FrontPage, Adobe Photoshop, and ArcView.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in urban planning or a closely-related field is required. A minimum of 6 months of professional work experience in the planning field is preferred.
$15.83 per hour ($32,000 for a full year of work); includes excellent benefits package
*Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume by (Monday) March 24th, 2014 to:
Mark McCormack, Director of Planning & Zoning
Dearborn County Plan Commission
215B West High Street
Lawrenceburg, IN 47025