Special Projects Crew Leader
Will serve as Special Projects Crew Leader for the Dearborn County Highway Department, responsible for supervising and directing work crews in construction and maintenance of special projects, including bridges, small structures, culverts, guardrails, and retaining walls.
· Inspect and repair County roads and bridges, small structures, culverts, retaining walls, and guardrails.
· Operate trucks and heavy equipment in clearing and maintaining County bridges, small structures, and rights-of-way, excavating/cleaning ditches and creek openings, installing culvert pipes, and cutting/removing fallen trees. Clear debris from bridges and small structures, breaks, loads and hauls old concrete, patches holes, seals cracks, pours and forms concrete.
· Repairs road slips by construction of retaining walls and repairs/installs guardrails.
· Perform bridge, small structure, and culvert inspections.
Incumbent reports directly to County Engineer.
· Possession of a valid driver’s license and a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
· High school diploma or GED with extensive experience in highway construction and maintenance.
· Must be 21 years of age.
· Ability to meet all Department hiring requirements, including passage of a medical exam and a drug test.
· Working knowledge of standard bridge/road repair and maintenance practices/procedures, with the ability to assure proper completion of repair and maintenance projects, direct work crews, and identify and resolve road hazards and problems.
· Ability to operate a variety of trucks and heavy equipment in performance of duties.
Incumbent’s duties often involve continuous physical exertion, driving and/or sitting for long periods, lifting/carrying objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds, pushing/pulling objects, bending, crouching/kneeling, reaching, walking on rough terrain, close and far vision, color and depth perception, hearing sounds, and handling/grasping/fingering objects.
Submit Application or Internal Application for Employment by June 4, 2013 to:
Suellen Cauble, HR Director
215B West High Street, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
Or fax to 812 532-3290